Edward Fuels, a Division of McDougall Energy, is a family owned company with over 100 employees at locations in Goderich, Teeswater, Kincardine, Clinton and Hepworth. We distribute a wide range of petroleum products and related goods and services throughout Southwestern Ontario, specializing in fuel and lubricant distribution, home heating fuels and residential HVAC services. We have been a Shell Branded Distributor for more than 65 years and are proud to have roots in the community for more than 70 years. Learn more at www.edwardfuels.com.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We are looking for an experienced DISPATCHER to join our team in our GODERICH OPERATION. Reporting to the Distribution Manager, this position will be responsible for:
- Planning, organizing and dispatching all deliveries to maximize efficiencies and optimize equipment utilization
- Providing direction to drivers regarding routes and customer requirements
- Working with the Distribution Manager and or Lead Hands to troubleshoot repairs and truck maintenance
- Generating daily, weekly and monthly reporting as required
- Communicating and interfacing with customers regarding delivery requirements, changes to schedules and any other issues regarding their delivery
- Adhering to all company health and safety policies, standard operating procedures and established industry regulations
- Performing other office administration duties as required
- Rotating weekend and evening dispatching as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Dispatch and logistics experience along with geographical knowledge of Southern Ontario.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organization, time management and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Knowledge of TSSA, WHMIS & TDG requirements considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of the fuel delivery industries practices and processes considered an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to achieve career growth
- Employer paid Health Benefits
- Employer matched Pension Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
Edward Fuels is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.